Over ten years in the making, this definitive reference chronicles five decades of Beatles music - from the first recordings of The Quarrymen and The Silver Beatles, to the release of the groundbreaking LP's such as Revolver and Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, to the Beatles solo careers and the work of The Plastic Ono Band, Wings, The Travelling Wilburys and Ringo Starr and His All-Starr Band.
Through nearly a dozen chronologies, discographies and alphabetical lists, The Beatles: The Ultimate Recording Guide catalogs every Beatles single, EP, LP, and CD, including live recordings, unreleased songs, bootlegs, special releases, alternate versions and even little-known solo contributions to the music of performers such as Carly Simon, David Bowie, Elton John, Elvis Costello, The Beach Boys, James Taylor, Stephen Stills, Eric Clapton and many others.
For the hardcore beatles buff, the researcher, the music historian, the collector and even the casual fan, The Beatles: The Ultimate Recording Guide is the ultimate reference to rock and roll's most renowned foursome.
The book also contains two appendixes, The Beatles as supporting players which details the group's solo contributions to the music of other performers, and Videocassettes and Laser discs, which documents concert performances, films and other taped events made commercially available to the public.
- General Chronology - Listing every important date in Beatles history
- Recording Chronology - listing every song by recording date
- U.S. Discography - Listing all singles, LP's, EP's, and CD's released in the United States
- U.K. Discography - Listing all singles, LP's, EP's, and CD's released in the United Kingdom
- Special Release Discography - Listing unique Beatles recordings and promotional records not widely available
- Alternate Versions and Bonus Tracks - Listing all Beatle songs that have been released in more than one version or on a limited basis
- Notable Album Variations - Listing LP's that contain different mixes of songs
- Bootlegs and Unreleased Recordings - Listing every Beatles recording sold under the table or left unreleased
As essential as Lewisohn's tomes. It has everything it says it has above.
Brilliant reference book.
This book may be ordered in paperback from,
"The Internet Bookshop"